Away from the humdrum of everyday life, spend your days in the lap of the hills to stare at the night sky, read, write or paint. You can also take part in short hike & trek in Triund hills. Apart from your comfortable stay at one of the our homestay houses, you are free to interact with locals, shepherds and enjoy the flora & fauna.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
Max. Altitute : Triund – 2875 m
Season : March – May & October – December
Accommodation : 01 Night Home stay
Grade : Easy to moderate.
The Dhauladhar mountain range is one of the most visually rewarding mountains of this region. This peak is visible almost all throughout the higher altitude treks in Kangra. This particular trek is to the north of Kangra and covers the southern outer range of Himalayas. Again, needless to say, this trek is one worth the view from the top.
Day 1 : The trek start from Mcleodganj. The first destination is Galu temple and then head towards the trail to Triund, from Galu temple the next 5 km are gradual compare to beginning of the trek. The last stretch is very tiring which require skill to climb. Triund is most beautiful meadow surrounded by mountain on its north, Kangra valley is to south.
There is some forest and local rest houses. On the north east of Triund, lies Mt. Indrahara (4320mts) the peak called Moon peak. Return via another route comparatively rough and tough, but it always depends on the weather and secondly you must be very good walker. The entire trek is covered with cedar, oak and rhododendron trees. There are varieties of Himalayan flowers of different kinds. On the half way is magic view cafe a wonderful place for rest. The entire trek is most charming enjoyable and challenging.
Day 2 : After Breakfast we start trek through edge of the mountain and downhill to Bhagsu Water fall. Afternoon we reach at Bhagsu Nag and then drive to McleodGanj or own destination.
- All accommodation in a private guest on dbl / triple sharing basis.
- All meal during Trek and Camp start from pack lunch on day first to B/Fast on day last of the trek.
- Expert mountain Instructor/Guide.
- Bonefire in case of cold weather.
Cost does not include
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleodganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.