The Kareri Lake, or the Kareri Dal as the locals pronounce it, is perched at a height of about 3300 metres. It is located approximately 13 km away from Mcleodganj. Kareri lake is best known for being a trekking destination in the Dhauladhars. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva on a hilltop overlooking the lake. Since the source is fresh melting snow and the lake is shallow, water visibility is very high and in most places, the lake bed can be seen.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes / Excludes
Max. Altitute : Triund – 3200 m
Season : March – May & October – December
Accommodation : 02 Nights Camp
Grade : Challenging
Kareri is a village situated at the height of 2200 mtr. distance of Kareri village from Mcelodganj to kareri is 13 km. we can go by taxi till to satobari village which is 3 km away from Mcelodganj. After reaching at Satobari we can start the trek. From Satobari village total distance of areri village is 9km.after reaching at Ghera half way of Kareri we will have lunch. Ghera is a small and market of Kareri village. After having lunch we will move toward Kareri. The trek is goes through the pine forests and crossed several tribal village on the way. At Kareri there is a very good camping place near the river side or we can stay in the local house.
DAY 01: Mcleodganj - Kareri village (1800m) Trek/13km
The trek is goes through the pine forests and crosses several tribal villages on the way. Kareri is a Gaddi tribal village. Night stay in Camp at Kareri Village.
DAY 02: Kareri village to Kareri Lake (3250m) Trek/14 km
Trail goes through mixed forests of oak, rhododendron and pine. First 2 Km is a level walk and then there is sleep ascent along KareriNullah Stream which has to be crossed over a number of times over improvised wooden bridges.
Night stay in tents at bank of Kareri Lake.
DAY 03: Kareri Lake to Kareri village (1800 m) Trek/14 km
After a short from the lake, is a steep descent through the forest to Kareri village.After lunch at Kareri back to McleodGanj by share Jeep.
PRICE INCLUDE :
- All accommodation in a Trekking type tents in Kareri Village and Kareri Lake.
- All meal during Trek and Camp start from pack lunch on day first to Lunch on day last of the trek.
- Expert mountain Instructor/Guide.
- Camping equipment – international quality equipment will be provided
- Bone fire in case of cold weather.
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleodganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any kind of transport.
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.