Our best seller adventure trekking and tour package of Dharamsala where you get the best of visiting the rural villages, sacred lakes in mountain trek and a chance to experience the remote places in the ranges of Dhauladhar moutains in Dharamsala.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes / Excludes
- More Info's
The Dhauladhar range (The White Range) is part of a lesser Himalayan chain of mountains. It rises from the Indian plains to the north of Kangra and Mandi. The Dhauladhar range is also known as the Outer Himalayas or Lesser Himalayas. They begin from near Dalhousie at the northwest end of Himachal Pradesh and pass through the state to the vicinity of the bank of the Beas River in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh.
The Dhauladhar Range trek is one of the most visually rewarding treks. This peak is visible almost all throughout the higher altitude treks in Kangra. This particular trek is to the north of Kangra and covers the southern outer range of Himalayas. Again, needless to say, this trek is one worth the view from the top.
DAY 01: MCLEOD GANJ – BOH – KANOL (15OO MTS.) – Trek Starts
After breakfast drive to Boh Village (45 Kms. / 02 Hrs.) the starting point of the trek. It is a steep ascent from Boh for about two hours till we reach Batuni Village. At Batuni village we can even visit one of the village houses to witness the lifestyle of local people. Another one hour climb takes us to Lingru Nag Temple which also the lunch point. After lunch it is a downhill walk through the lush green fields till we reach Kanol Village where we camp for the overnight stay.
DAY 02: KANOL – KARERI VILLAGE (1900 MTS. / 12 KMS.)
After breakfast we start our trek walking through several small villages. Visit one of the village schools enroute and interact with the children. We reach the camping place around 4 P.M. The campsite is located on the banks of a small river. Overnight in tents near the village.
DAY 03: KARERI VILLAGE TO KARERI LAKE ( 3200 MTS. / 12 KMS.)
Trail goes through mixed forests of oak, rhododendron and pine. First 2 Km is a level walk and then there is sleep ascent along Kareri Nullah Stream which has to be crossed over a number of times over improvised wooden bridges. Night stay in tents at bank of Kareri Lake.
DAY 04: KARERI LAKE – KARERI VILLAGE BACK (1900 MTS. / 12 KMS.)
A leveled walk from Kareri Village takes us to Khari Behi. From Khari Behi it is a steep downhill walk for about an hour to Rawa Village, situated on the bank of a small river. From Rawa village it is steep ascent for another 2 hours to Bahl Village. Camp near a small stream close to the village.
DAY 05: KARERI VILLAGE – MCLEOD GANJ BACK.
End of the adventure tour with best memories.
PRICE INCLUDE :
- Camping Include Dome/Alpine shape tents Include sleeping Bags,Sleeping Mattress, Kitchen and Toilet facility.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with breakfast on Day 01 to breakfast on Day last of the trek.
- Refreshment during Cycling.
- Back up van.
- Professional guide.
- Best quality Cycles.
- Bone fire.
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleodganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- 25 % of the total payment at the time of booking.Full and final payment on arrival time.
- 8 days before the tour starting date : 50% charge.
- less then 7 days no refund.
THINGS TO BRING
- Day sack to carry water bottle, camera, personal clothing
- sports shoes.Any running shoes that you are comfortable to walk with
- Sun protection : sun screen lotion, sun glasses and cap.
- T-Shirts, loose trouser while walking.
- Lights jacket or wind proof jacket.
- Flip flops.
- Small Torch and rain coat in case of rain.
- Personal medicines if any.
SAMPLE MENU :
- BREAKFAST : Butter / Jam / Toast / Omelette / Porridge / Alloo Prantha Tea or Coffee
- HOT LUNCH : Rice / Dal / Mix Veg / Green salad / Papad / Pickle etc.
- EVENING TEA : with Cookies and Pakora.
- DINNER : Soup / Rice / Chapatis / Mix Veg. / Dal / Mutter Paneer / Green Salad / Papad and Pickle etc.